Let’s trip into the wildernis …
What is growing there? The power of wild herbs ♥
Today I was booked again for a herb walk by the VHS in Kropp.
At the meeting point there were also already familiar faces, which I find really nice.
All participants were very kind and this time there were also two small children and even a baby. ♥
As always, we were very lucky with the weather and it was a varied and very beautiful hike.
The children were looking forward to seeing the many frogs at the lake, which unfortunately could only be heard, but there was still a lot to discover there.
We have found and discussed e.g.
- Garlic mustard (Alliaria petiolata)
- Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris)
- Stinging nettle (Urtica dioica)
- Cow parsley (Anthriscus sylvestris)
- Common agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria)
- Jack-go-to-bed-at-noon (Tragopogon pratensis)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale)
- Water mint (Mentha aquatica)
- St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum)
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium)
- Wild carrot (Daucus carota)
- Ribwort plantain (Plantago lanceolata)
- Tansy (Tanacetum vulgare)
- and much more
In the clear water of the lake, besides water mint, you can also find stream fleas, mussels and snails ♥
At the end, of course, everyone got my plant and recipe folder for home again.
I would like to thank all participants and I am already looking forward to the next herb walks on 10 and 11 June
If you would like to join, click here to book.
Today I also remembered to take a few photos ♥
Here you can see very well the silver-grey underside of the mugwort leaves.
The strictly protected “Jack-go-to-bed-at-noon”
Fresh, beautiful stinging nettle ♥
You might also be interested in this:
Herb hike, Sunday 16-07-2023, Kräuterzauberin, Jagel
Herb hike by the lake
Oh, that was beautiful again today ♥
Enchanting company event. It was a very nice experience in every way ♥
Wow, what a wonderful herb hike
Very exciting people, we stay in touch ♥