Herb hike by the lake
What is growing there? The power of wild herbs ♥
Oh, that was beautiful again today ♥
Yesterday evening I was spontaneously booked by very dear people and this morning at 10 o’clock we started.
Now it is really nice and warm in the early morning, even though it was very windy today.
It was a really nice herb hike in a small circle with really great, lovely people. ♥
Slowly, summer herbs such as St. John’s wort and the rare “Jack-go-to-bed-at-noon” are coming into flower, but yarrow and tansy still need a little time – and above all water! It is much too dry here.
We have found and discussed e.g.
- Garlic mustard (Alliaria petiolata)
- Stinging nettle (Urtica dioica)
- Cow parsley (Anthriscus sylvestris)
- Greater celandine (Chelidonium majus)
- Common agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria)
- Jack-go-to-bed-at-noon (Tragopogon pratensis)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale)
- Water mint (Mentha aquatica)
- St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum)
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium)
- Wild carrot (Daucus carota)
- Ribwort plantain (Plantago lanceolata)
- Tansy (Tanacetum vulgare)
- and much more
The weather is also perfect for dragonflies of all kinds and we were able to marvel at many of them ♥
At the end, of course, everyone got my plant and recipe folder for home again.
I would like to thank all participants and I am looking forward to the next herbal hikes on 17, 24 and 25 June 2023. ♥
If you would like to join, click here to book.
Today I also remembered to take a few photos ♥
You might also be interested in this:
Herb hike, Sunday 16-07-2023, Kräuterzauberin, Jagel
Today I was booked again for a herb walk by the VHS in Kropp. ♥
Enchanting company event. It was a very nice experience in every way ♥
Wow, what a wonderful herb hike
Very exciting people, we stay in touch ♥